We all love a good spring cleaning and your bedroom is the ideal place to start! Make full use of this step-by-step guide to add sparkle and shine to your bedroom with a free spring-cleaning checklist to help you keep track. You can thank us later 😉
Tip #1: Get your cleaning tools together!
Before you start on anything, make sure you have everything you need and this includes your basic cleaning kit. See below for a broad list of cleaning supplies to get you on track:
- Microfiber Cleaning & Polishing Cloths
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- Mop / Steam Cleaner
- Garbage Bags
Tip #2: Pull a Quick Marie Kondo
The Kon-Mari method is basically a system of simplifying and organizing your room by decluttering. Start by getting rid of physical items that do not bring you joy into your life! Get three garbage bags and start sorting your stuff according to these three categories: Items that…
- Do not belong in the bedroom (No, your dirty laundry belongs in the washing machine!)
- Belong in the garbage (That includes your broken hanger that has been lying around on the floor for ages… girl, really?)
- To donate (Aww…)
Tip #3: Clean All Surfaces…
The rule of thumb is always to clean the top of your room and work your way down. Then start cleaning from the side of the room to the other to cut down on dust and scraps dropping on the areas that you have already cleaned.
- Dust or wipe down every surface you can find in your room such as walls, furniture, lamps, etc.
- Clean light switches and outlet covers using the Microfiber Cleaning cloth to wipe off any loose debris with an All-Purpose Cleaner
- Clean windows and window treatments using a Microfiber Cleaning and Polishing cloth, and plain water or 50:50 vinegar-water solution for extra cleaning power
Tip #4: Don’t Forget Your Flooring!
Mop the floor (every corner of your room) and vacuum your carpet… Consider getting a professional to wash your carpet if they are unsalvageable – it’s an investment!
Tip #5: Clean Your Mattress
Wipe down the bed frame with a damp cloth to remove any dirt. Strip down your mattress and place it under direct sunlight for a good airing out session.
Tip #6: Relax and Enjoy
You’re finally done! Now, relax and enjoy your clean and fresh space. Spruce it up even further with nenä essential oils.